200 hour Tantra Yoga Teacher Training, India
by Ayur Yoga Therapy
- 6 November till 2 December 2017
- 4 December till 30 December 2017
- 5 February till 4 March 2018
- 5 March till 1 April 2018
Venue: PDI Resorts, National Highway 58, Raiwala, Rishikesh, INDIA.
Classical Hatha Yoga Teaching
This fusion of systems allows the teachers to use a variety of techniques to accommodate students’ individual needs. The TantricHatha Yoga system is comprised of a meditative practice of Yoga, focused on the chakras- the energetic dimensions of the being. This style of Yoga involves long held postures with a pointed inner focus, and an intense practice of Pranayama and Mudra, which strongly affects the body and mind, leading the practitioner to rapid spiritual development. Our program includes an introduction to various techniques of meditation from the Tantric, Yogic and Buddhist traditions to broaden and deepen students’ spiritual understandings and practice.
Ayur Tantra Yoga Teacher Training provides:
- 200+ hours of teachings and practicum training, following the international standards for Yoga teaching (Yoga Alliance).
- Instruction for Asana, Pranayama, Mudra, Bandha and Kriya, according to traditional Yogic texts.
- A 30+ hour program of anatomy, physiology, and pathology.
- Esoteric teachings regarding the development of subtle energies, working with the Chakras, raising Kundalini, and other components of the Tantric Yoga system.
- Pedagogical theory on the Art of Teaching Yoga.
- A unique combination of esoteric Yoga teachings with classical and modern Yoga systems. This fusion of ancient and modern styles will help future teachers meet the demands of prospective students in western countries.
- A series of lectures on the essence of Karma Yoga, and teaching of the Bhagavad Gita and the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, in addition to other Yogic and Tantric texts. Students will learn from the experience of established teachers and practitioners, and benefit from personal interviews and guided daily Hatha Yoga classes.
Register for Tantra YTT today by paying € 300 and rest can be paid on arrival. the booking amount is refundable only 31 days prior notice.
Training, Techniques, and Practice
You will learn asanas, pranayamas, kriyas, chanting, mantra, meditation and other traditional Yoga techniques. This will be a mix between guided practice of the techniques and analytical training in how to teach and practice the techniques.
Anatomy and Physiology
We teach both conventional human anatomy and physiology and energy-system anatomy and physiology (chakras and nadis). The primary focus in the study of anatomy is the application of its principles to Yoga practice, namely the benefits, contraindications and healthy movement patterns.
The study of Yoga philosophies, lifestyle and ethics for Yoga teachers is included.
The philosophical aspect of the course is based upon the classic Hatha Yoga scriptures- the Hatha Yoga Pradipika, Shiva Samhita, Gernadha Samhita, The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali and the Bhagavad Gita.
We will cover the principles of: demonstration; observation; assisting and correcting; instruction; teaching styles; students’ learning process; qualities of a teacher and business aspects of teaching Yoga.
Students will practice teaching, receive feedback, observe others teach and provide feedback. They will also assist a class while someone else is teaching.
Criteria for registration to the course
- Minimum of two years of Hatha Yoga practice.
- Though the Tantric style of Hatha Yoga is slow and meditative in nature, it is necessary that the student is in good physical health to be able to participate fully in the Hatha Yoga classes. At least one month before the TTC begins, we strongly recommend maintaining a minimum daily practice of at least one hour.
- The Yoga and meditation practice will deeply influence the mind of the practitioner thus the practitioner must be in good mental condition. In case of present or past mental disturbances please inform us upon registration.
- The student must be able to read and speak English with reasonable fluency.
- After certification, the student is expected to follow the spiritual ethical code as it is taught in Yogic traditions (Yama/ Niyama).
- Yoga TTC students are generally expected to engage in at least 3-6 months developing their self-practice before offering to teach Yoga professionally. Regular contact with the teachers is essential, and a second TTC will be offered to further develop the participants’ understanding of the practice and teaching methods.
*If you are unsure whether or not you meet one or more of the criteria above, you are welcome to contact us for further consultation.
Criteria for obtaining the Ayur Tantra Yoga teacher certificate:
- The student must attend all the Yoga TTC sessions (practical & theoretical) to be credited for the Yoga Teacher Certificate. A minimal lack of attendance will be tolerated in case of emergencies.
- Following the course, the student is to commit to a minimum of one hour a day of Yoga and meditation self-practice.